Vitamin D3 Prophylactic for Coronavirus Covid 19: Research from Trinity College Dublin has found that Vitamin D could is a protector in the pandemic..
We say D3- The Vitamin King
- Vitamin D3 is not really a “vitamin” but more a hormone produced by the body by exposure to sun. Think of it as natures way of telling the body the sun is out - the body should maximise itself in a time of plenty (Hence to say make hay while the sun shines ) and be fighting fit!
- Your body needs vitamin D to properly absorb calcium and to be on "full power mode".
- It is super powerful, and while vitamin C has got a great reputation for helping to protect you against things like Coronovirus, Vitamin D is equally if not more important to those living in the UK with access to fresh fruit and veg. We call it the king of vitamins!
- But with modern lifestyles pople don’t get exposure to sunlight on top we are told to wear suncream so we miss on this vital supplement.
- A lack of Vitamin D3 is implicated in a lot of things like osteoporosis but much more too; things like diabetes, depression, heart failure and asthma.
- But the biggest benefit you will notice day-to-day is the improvement in your ability to protect yourself from coughs and colds.
- While buying from the high street shops might seem good, the keen researchers amongst you will find that the doses on offer are far too low to offer the full benefits required. When you consider that half an hour of sunlight exposure can be 20,000 iu the tiny doses on offer with most retailers are not ideal.
What to buy
- Look for 5000 iu Vitamin D3 for most adults or click this link.
- In addition its worth taking 3000 iu Vitamin d combined with Vitamin K (Vitamin K2 100mcg MK7 Complex) especially for older ladies or people with bone for teeth problems. Our Biodeck Pro supplement can provide this. (Yes both 1 per day is fine!).
As with any such advice your personal circumstance will vary. Therefore always consult your health practitioner before taking nutritional supplements, especially if you are taking pregnant, breastfeeding or under medication or are receiving medical supervision. You should not take supplements as a substitute for a varied balanced diet or healthy lifestyle. Store in a cool dry place, out of the reach of children.